Metal Clay for Beginners
Class Date: Sunday November 12th
Time: 9:30 – 4:30pm
Instructor: Jennifer Wolfe / Katlyn Sumpton
This is the introductory class to take if you have never taken a metal clay class or if you’ve been away from working with metal clay and would like a refresher. Explore the many ways that you can use metal clay to create jewellery designs of your own. Metal clay can be shaped like clay to produce uniquely textured surfaces, resulting in durable beautiful silver jewellery.
This metal clay workshop will focus on all the basics of metal clay. Students will work on a variety of projects, starting with a pendant and then moving on to a lentil bead then a pair of earrings. Students can expect to leave with at least 4 finished pieces.
Students will learn:
- What basic tools are used
- How to roll, texture, stamp, cut, layer and connect
- Create dimension on flat & curved surfaces
- Firing & finishing techniques
- Caring and storing your clay
- How to re-hydrate your clay when it dries out
No previous experience necessary.
Metal clay makes metal working so easy that in a few hours you can create one or more fine silver jewellery pieces.
Students are given 20 grams of Art Clay Fine Silver for this class – material fee has been added to the workshop fee.
Workshop Fee: $235.00 +HST per person which includes all workshop materials.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
How to Register:
Sign up and pay for the workshop via this page.
A signed waiver will be required to proceed in any workshop.
Minimum age of workshop participation is 15.
Minimum 3 students must be registered for the course to run. Maximum 6 students.
Class Cancellation Policy:
If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, our CANCELLATION POLICY depends on the time until the scheduled class:
- Up to a week, a refund will be issued minus a $15 cancellation fee, or a credit will be given to attend a future workshop. Workshop credits must be used within a 60-day period after cancellation, or it will be forfeited.
- Within 48 hours, no refund or credit is given.
We may reschedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified, and the fees will be refunded.